Planning Your Move
To make sure that your moving day doesn’t turn into a moving night, which leaves everyone feeling fatigued and more prone to accidents, we recommend the following number of movers based on the size of your move. These numbers serve only as guidelines based on the average moving experience and are not reflective of everyone’s personal situation. When you call to set up your moving day, we will determine together if these are right for you.
- Studio or One-bedroom apartment: 2 movers
- Two-bedroom apartment or house: 3 movers
- Three-bedroom apartment or house: 4 movers
- Four-bedroom house or larger: 5+ movers and 2+ trucks
To help plan and control your moving costs it is important to understand all the rates* and fees that may apply during your move. We are able to accommodate partial moves (at a minimum of 4 hours) for people that would like to stick to a set budget. These moves often include moving only furniture and not boxes, or only certain areas of the house. We can work together on a moving plan that fits your budget. Here’s a simple breakdown of how charges apply:
- We do not charge a deposit to hold or schedule your move. We do ask for a credit card number to hold the move, and if you cancel the move within 7 days then a $100 fee is assessed. There is NO charge for changing a moving date at any time.
- We start charging an hourly fee when we arrive at your doorstop and charge in 15-minute increments
- You determine when the move is complete. When all the items are unloaded from the truck and the padded blankets have been removed from your furniture, then you can decide to end the move. Another option is to have the moving team assist you with reassembling and/or rearranging furniture in your new home for as long or as little as you would like.
- Per the California Public Utility Commission, all moving companies charge ‘Drive time x 2’. This is the time it takes the moving truck to drive from point A to point B of your move, doubled. This is to account for the moving team’s time to drive back to their office when the move is over.
30 minutes x 2= 60 min
Example: If the drive from your old house to your new house is 15 minutes, the contract will state 15min x 2 = 30min for drive time. The 30 minutes is charged at the agreed upon standard rate for your entire move.
- The average fuel fee is $50 for local moves within San Diego County
- To curb the cost of moving, you are encouraged to provide your own packing materials. However, your moving team will always carry extra materials on the moving truck and can provide them to you on the day of your move. The cost of these materials will be presented to you in writing before you need them.
- A 4% processing fee is assessed if a credit card is used
Hands down the best tool at your disposal for planning and preparing for your moving day is to have a Visual Estimate (either in person or virtual options are available). We can work together to find a 15-20-minute window for a Professional Appraiser to come to your house and assess the non-boxable items that will need to be moved. For your
convenience or your preference, these assessments can also be conduct via FaceTime or other virtual means. Here is what you can expect from an assessment:
- A written estimate as to how many hours the move will take in total
- A written estimate for the total cost of the move
- Recommendations for specialized packing materials and/or reminders of common packing materials that people often forget are necessary (like mattress protectors)
- Uninterrupted time to ask any questions or discuss any parts of the moving process that you are unsure about or would like to know more about. What to do with pets, chemicals or specialized equipment are common topics that are often specific to each customer and their situation.