Packing Delicate Items
Tableware is a set of fragile items that must be packed diligently and carefully. So, we have some recommendations that will provide you with added safety and security for your tableware, including:
- Use medium sized boxes, preferably dish packs, and fill the bottom of the box with wadded corrugated paper.
- Use a flat table surface that has a stack of corrugated paper on it to center each plate on the paper one at a time.
- Lift the corners of several pieces of corrugated paper as you pull the paper over the first plate completely.
- Stack a second plate on top of the first and repeat the above mentioned process to fully cover the second plate. You can continue on this path until you have a created a bundle of three or four plates together.
- Place your wrapped bundle of plates upside down onto the corrugated paper.
- For extra reinforcement, wrap the entire stack by covering each corner of the stack with a corner of the corrugated paper. You want also want to bubble wrap each bundle.
- Secure the bundle with adhesive tape.
- Stand each plate bundle on its edge inside a medium sized box.
- For other tableware, repeat the same process.’
- Be certain to fill gaps between layers with wadded corrugated paper for cushioning.